Yoga Teacher Training Policy
● Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and have been practicing yoga for at least 6 months.
● Applicants are required to submit a completed application along with a $500 non-refundable deposit. Deposit can be made by cash, check, or credit card. Upon acceptance, the remaining balance of $2200 is due by November 1, 2019. After November 1, 2019 or with opting for the payment plan option, the balance increases to $2500.
● Payment plan is available with monthly payments of $416 due on Jan 15, Feb 15, Mar 15, April 15, May 15, & June 15, 2020. This is an auto pay program with payments made only by credit card.
● The deposit and the training itself are non-refundable. If applicants are not accepted into the program for any reason, the $500 deposit will be refunded.
● Enrollment and payment for the program and attending training hours alone does not guarantee that a Certificate of Completion will be granted. In order to receive a Certificate of Completion students must attend and actively participate in all the required training hours and modules, attend a minimum of 20 classes at The Portland Yoga Project, and demonstrate an understanding of the program content in the written final exam and the final practicum.
Trainees are allowed to miss up to 3 out of 12 weekends but will need to make up those missed days. For every full day missed, the student may take a 1 hour private make-up session. The cost of each 1 hour make-up session (for a 6.5 hour day) is $150, this cost can be split between other students that have missed the same content. Students cannot miss more than 30 hours of the training.